Cruise Around Norfolk One Sunday..
technixxel4 replies0 views
- technixxelMember
- Joined
- Oct 2026
- Posts
- 4
- Rep
- 0
Good morning people I am new to the group and probably should have searched for an introductory page before writing this. I used to organise drives around Norfolk many years ago - a route I called the Norfolk'schleife after having lived in Germany at the Nürburgring for eight years.
I also did drives around Chester, North Wales and some other spots around England but haven't done anything like this for a long time. If any Up/Mii/Citigo owners fancied an early morning meet one Sunday (it has to be early with respect to normal road users) then I'll get something planned with the owner of this forum.
The drive will be roughly 1-1.5 hours long and will include a bathroom stop before we begin and maybe one interim break or possibly lunch at a nice pub along the Norfolk coast. Depending on funds we could stop at that nice chip shop in Cromer so people aren't having to fork out on a Sunday Roast or whatever is on the pub menu.
Let me know if you are interested? I drive an Up GTi but aren't really into the photography stuff. I might add my vehicle details at some point but for now I'll share a pic of me driving a customer's Up GTi after tuning it then taking it on the ring.
For reference a 991 GT3 hits 230KM/H along a downhill section called Fuchsröhre, 220KM/H in the Golf 7 GTi that I owned out there and an Up GTi will hit 210KM/H which is crazy for the engine size. A company called Apex in Nürburg built the 7-Up track car that was chewing E46 M3's and annoying a lot of fast car owners on track.
It is a very very good chassis and its a shame they stopped making them.
- technixxelMemberOP
- Joined
- Oct 2026
- Posts
- 4
- Rep
- 0
- technixxelMemberOP
- Joined
- Oct 2026
- Posts
- 4
- Rep
- 0
@layla its also the entertainment value. People will be looking like ''what's going on?'' when they see loads of little identical cars driving past, smiling. ''why are they all so happy?'' it'll be a giggle. We could finish the drive cruising through the city then all make our way home from there.
For reference it was me and a friend called Scott who did the Great Yarmouth Takeover meets where we had cars as far as Nottingham, Croydon and even Kent drive up for those meets. A chilled drive is definitely better because it wont be cars parked up causing a nuisance (to those who hate looking at parked cars because they are generally miserable ppl).
I'll check messages again later, thanks for the reply!
Join the conversation
Sign in to reply. New here? The same link creates your account.

